Among the R&D activities carried out by CETECK during the 2013 year, the project with the title, Predictive technological platform for the optimization of photovoltaic solar installations: Pool sale and reduction of maintenance costs, PREVECO, co-financed by the Valencian Institute of Business Competitiveness (IVACE) and the European Regional Development Fund (FEDER), Technological Research and Development program for SMEs.
The general objective of the PREVECO project has been the design and development of a technological platform prototype for the monitoring, follow-up and control of photovoltaic solar installations, thus optimizing its response in energy generation and that with its implementation promotes:
- Reduction of costs linked to the production of photovoltaic energy by optimizing the maintenance of photovoltaic installations, detecting failures in real time that may reduce the performance of photovoltaic cells, inverters and other elements of the plant that affect energy production solar.
- Significantly improve the Performance Ratio (performance parameter) of photovoltaic solar installations, ensuring that the availability time of the plant is the maximum possible, thanks to early and predictive failure detection.
- Optimize the sale of energy generated by said facilities, by allowing the prediction of the energy to be produced by the facility for sale to the Pool market and avoiding penalties for surplus energy.
The PREVECO platform It is presented as an advanced solution for the photovoltaic industry, as it is intended for subsequent use in SAAS mode, pay-per-use and in a weighted % of the installed and generated power, thus enabling small, medium and large generators to access technology. intelligent predictive technology used by large companies in the photovoltaic sector.
GLOBAL ARCHITECTURE OF THE PROPOSED REAL-TIME PLATFORM
FUNCTIONALITIES OF THE INTELLIGENT MAINTENANCE PLATFORM
The PREVECO technology platform allows:
- Control, monitoring, management, advanced simulation and optimization by processing key signals in operation of photovoltaic installations. The producible will be available according to the mathematical model to be developed, which will allow knowing in real time and reliable the prediction of energy production.
- Prediction of the energy production of the photovoltaic installations taking into account the prediction of radiation, the prediction of local weather and climate and the behavior of the system according to its mathematical model.
- Calculation of the plant producible in real time through the installation of a radiation sensor and plate temperature. The producible is the instantaneous theoretical maximum production with the meteorological data of the moment.
- Monitoring, real-time tracking and advanced tools for the automatic diagnosis of malfunctions in photovoltaic systems: these tools will allow the analysis and detection of failures that would otherwise remain hidden, reducing operation and maintenance costs and increasing the production of photovoltaic systems. Early detection of failures.
It should be noted that the technological platform to be developed will comply with the requirements of RD 1565/2010, which establishes the obligation, for photovoltaic installations with a power equal to or greater than 10MW, to send telemetry to the operators of the electricity supply system. in real time.
HOME SCREEN OF THE APPLICATION
Where the client can log in with the user profile (producer, maintenance personnel and engineering/installer) in which they have registered and access the different views/functions of the designed application.
QUERY PLANT DATA
DATA TR SENSORS IN PLANT: IRRADIANCE/TEMPERATURE PROBE AND INVERTERS
Lastly, and in order to present the PREVECO Web Platform’s benefits in a global way, the screens of all those parameters that can be consulted in it are shown.
PRODUCABLE VS. REAL PRODUCTION
COMPARISON GRAPH OF: PRODUCTION FORECAST, ACTUAL AND PRODUCEABLE PRODUCTION